Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 46

Yesterday was a weird day, hunger-wise. I wasn't hungry all morning. By about 1:30, I was thinking about food but still not hungry. Since I was going to cook dinner for G and I, I didn't want to eat a bunch that late so I would be hungry by dinner. I decided to have a few bites of pemmican and a cheesestick to tide me over.

By the time I got home at 3:30, I was really hungry. I had a hot dog and a slice of cheese. I then kind of lost my mind and had a handful of a mix of cashews and macadamia nuts. Not only were they super salty, I didn't even really enjoy them. It was a carb hit, too - about 15g. Ugh.

Dinner was a decent sized ribeye that had plenty of fat.

I was down .6 pounds, to 186.2. That is still up 2 pounds from my low.

One good thing, though. Over the weekend, I was in Wal-Mart and checked my blood pressure on their machine. I don't know how accurate those things are but it read 127/77. I used to be in the 140/85 range, so it is an improvement. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so will probably get it checked for real then.

I have decided that I am eating too much dairy lately. Originally, I wanted to use cheese mainly as a garnish but it has become a meal finisher and a quick snack when I am hungry but don't want to eat a full meal yet. There is nothing wrong with being hungry for a while until the meal, so I want to make a conscious effort to cut back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found that cheese is senaky... you think it's OK, and for a while it is, for before you know it, you're addicted! and it is dairy, of course, so it may have unexpected consequences.

Anonymous said...

SNEAKY of course!