Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 32

Yesterday was a hungry day. I was hungry by the time I got to work at 5 AM. I ate a beef rib which kept me full until about noon. I had a cheeseburger bowl and was pretty full. Dinner was a bit strange, though. I had given blood at about 2:30 and was feeling a bit run down but not hungry. I was really debating whether to eat or not because I really wasn't hungry yet. K thought I probably should eat something since I had given blood so I ended up cooking a good sized Ribeye. I figured that I would have a few bites and save the rest for lunch today. However, I ended up burning through the whole thing and didn't even feel stuffed. I guess I was hungrier than I thought.

I have been having to reexamine the hunger issue since going zero carb. I am no stranger to waiting to eat until physically hungry since I started doing the Weigh Down program ten years ago. Under that program, hunger was simple; you were hungry when your stomach growled, along with a slight low blood sugar feeling. I pretty much have eaten that way since. However, since going zero carb, my hunger isn't always so simple. Frequently it comes as feeling totally run down. I do sometimes get the stomach growling but I would like something a little more consistent. Some of the folks on ZIOH define hunger as being able to eat and being not hungry is the when the though of meat is nauseating. I'll have to see how this works out.

Maybe because of the big steak at dinner, I was up .4 pounds this morning, 188.4. However, my pants are still fitting nice and loose, so it isn't a big deal. I do know that I got down to 188.4 last October by a calorie restricted diet and I am significantly smaller now than I was then at the same weight.

No comments: