Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 25

As I mentioned yesterday, I had no Splenda or cream yesterday in an attempt to get over the effects that I have been having since giving up my diet soda. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be and it did seem to help my energy level. I was feeling quite a bit better yesterday. It also seemed to help with the carb cravings that I have been having. They are still there, but not nearly as bad. Whether these changes would have happened with dropping the Splenda and cream or not, I don't know. Tomorrow will be a week since I gave up the pop, so it may just be finally kicking the addiction.

One place it didn't help was with my weight. I did feel less bloated yesterday but my weight was up .2 pounds this morning. That is probably due to a little carbier dinner than normal.

Lunch yesterday was a cheeseburger bowl again, though there was a change this time. When I browned up the hamburger, I drained the grease and juice into a bowl. I let it sit for a while and then put it in the fridge. The fat rose to the top and hardened after awhile. I popped the fat out, drained the other stuff out and then broke the fat disk into chunks and put it back in the fridge. Yesterday, I added one of the chunks to my cheeseburger bowl. This added a creamier texture and made it more filling. It didn't really make it greasy or anything like that.

For dinner, we "celebrated" Cinco De Mayo by having taco salads for dinner. K and I basically had taco meat with cheese, sour cream and guacamole. It was a few more carbs than normal, probably around 12-15, since I had two bowls. It was slightly offset by not having the carbs from the cream but was enough that I think it caused the bump up in my weight. Hopefully it will drop off tomorrow as I am going back to normal eating today, still minus the cream and Splenda.

No comments: