Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 34

I wasn't very hungry yesterday. I did get hungry early and had a beef rib. Next hunger was around 1 PM and was a cheeseburger bowl. I wasn't hungry at all the rest of the day, despite doing another Tiger Moves/pushups workout at noon. I skipped dinner but started getting a little hungry before bed, so had a piece of cheese and around seven macadamia nuts (less than 2 grams worth of carbs).

Probably because of that and because I weighed a little later, I was down .8 pounds this morning, to 187.0. That's a total loss of 12.6 pounds in 34 days.

I have a challenge this weekend. We are going out of town to go to the state championship for my youngest son's math team. This means we will be eating in restaurants tonight and tomorrow plus traveling quite a bit. After that, we will be going to my parent's house since my oldest son will be staying with them. We will spend the night there (at my grandpa's actually) and then head home Sunday, doing some shopping in Spokane along the way.

The biggest challenge will be at my parent's. My dad is anti-low carb and would be mortified by zero carb. He is a firm believer in doctors as nutritional experts and considers anything against the low fat party line as dangerous fad diets. I am 45 years old and obviously don't need my parent's permission to do anything but I get tired quickly of the arguments and comments.

Fortunately, we won't be eating there so it may not come up. Breakfast will be at Grandpa's and he loves fixing us a big breakfast of eggs and sausage and doesn't think twice that we don't eat carbs with it.

No comments: