Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 30

Wow - a third of the way through my 90 day challenge already. It has been fairly easy and effective so far, despite my whining after giving up diet soda. I will probably change it to an 180 day challenge eventually since most on the Zeroing In On Health forum claim that you should give it six months to see maximum benefits. For now, though, I'll stick with 90 days.

I expected a bounce up this morning because we ate dinner really late last night and I was up early since I had to work. I was up .4 pounds, to 189, which I didn't think was too bad. Even though I think the bounce was because of the aforementioned reasons, I am not going to try to explain every bounce any more. Last week proved to me that I have no idea what is going on just by looking at the scale. I am trusting to the way of eating and will relax when it comes to weight. If I start obviously getting fatter or go into an extended stall, I will then have to reexamine what I am eating and look to see if I need to drop dairy or something like that. But, for now, I am going to sit back and relax.

Yesterdays meals started with getting hungry while we were out grocery shopping. I bought a colby/jack cheese stick to tide me over until I got home. When I got home, around 1 PM, I had a T-bone steak and a couple of bites of the yogurt that we mixed up last week.

Dinner was eggs, bacon and three small "pancakes" with butter. The pancakes are Protein Pancakes from one of Dana Carpender's books. They are made from unflavored protein powder, eggs and ricotta cheese. They are very low carb but not in the spirit of the whole foods that zero carb entails. I didn't really enjoy them anyway and won't eat them again.

No comments: