Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 269

I'm getting back in the swing of things. I was hungry early yesterday for some reason and ate a hamburger bowl about 8 am. I was hungry by the time I got home and ate the last of my ribeye roast that I have been working on for the last week. Other than a slight headache, I feel pretty good.

I am bummed that my ribeye roast is gone and so are the holiday prices for them. I have several packs of cut ribeyes that I got on markdown ($3.78/pound) for the rest of the week but cutting the steaks off the roast as it air dried was pretty good. Also, 80/20 ground beef was on sale here for $1.58/pound. I have been using it for my hamburger bowls. However, it has been disappointing. It is very lean for 80/20 so it doesn't taste that great. I can't get any fattier ground beef unless I get the chubs. I like the fresh ground better so I'll just add butter to this to get through it and then go back to buying my ground beef at the other store (Safeway), which has much better ground beef.

I have been feeling antsy lately so have been looking for ways to be more active. The weather has been horrible, so I can't ride my bike. I have been doing some DDR on and off and will probably continue that.

I was thinking about getting back into some of the Physical Culture stuff and stumbled on to this website - 100 Pushups. On a whim, I decided to see if I could accomplish this. I have never been particularly strong or good at pushups (I have long arms, for one thing, which changes the leverage) so it will be a challenge. When I did basic training at age 17, the best I did on my PT test was 42 pushups in two minutes. I was in great shape then but ate horribly, so we'll see if ZC can make a difference to this now 45 year old.

No comments: